Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Countdown to Easter {Day 12}



I saw the Countdown to Easter on one of the many blogs I follow, eighteen25.  I loved the idea to keep Austin excited about Easter.  This Easter we are traveling by plane to visit my mom and grandmother in Odessa, TX so he is already thrilled.  Austin gets to open one fun-filled egg everyday until Easter.  My plan is two-fold: It is something great for Austin to look forward to everyday and it is also a way to get him to listen.  He can't open the egg unless he's had a great day at school, which includes not crying when I drop him off (yes, I am still having a problem with that since he started day care about a month ago) and being a good listener in the mornings.


Day 12 treat: A pair of Spiderman socks.  I found these in the $1 bin at Target along with several other treats for the eggs.  He was so excited and can't wait to see what is in store for Day 11.  This is a very inexpensive two-week reward system by the way.

In other Easter related news.....I was blogging one night and looked down at my feet to find this.... 


...this little monster got into Austin's Peeps which were on the coffee table.  Instead of worrying about the 80 lbs of sugar he was fixing to consume, I got out the camera.


Poor Peeps...he destroyed these in a matter of seconds!


As I was taking these pictures, I noticed that there was a bottle of milk under the couch (for an undisclosed amount of days - I'd actually been looking for that!) 




So I moved the bottle to take more pictures, and I see a piece of paper and a water bottle lid.  This just demonstrates the utter craziness that is my house.


And yes, that is Jackson sitting on a computer cord.  I promise that my kids are safe and that Jack hasn't ingested anything off of my floor isn't edible... to my knowledge.  ;)


It's hard to deny these blue eyes, even a Peep.


These were the only survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment